Zesty Thai Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken (whole breasts)
- 1 bunch spring onions (chopped)
- 2 carrots (large, julienned)
- 4 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 2 capsicum (bell pepper) (any colour, julienned)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
- ½ cup basil (fresh)
- 1 cup coriander leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp oil/fat
- 4 radish (finely sliced)
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 tbsp garlic (crushed)
- ¼ cup fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- STEP 1: Preheat oven to 180ºC. Season the chicken on both sides. Add the oil/fat to a heavy frying pan and heat to medium/high.
- STEP 2: Sear the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, then place in the oven to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- STEP 3: While the chicken is cooking in the oven, prepare your salad. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, capsicum, radishes and onions. Toss together.
- STEP 4: Then whisk together the dressing ingredients (apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, coconut aminos, lime juice, garlic and ginger).
- STEP 5: Take the chicken out of the oven and leave it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing it into strips and placing them on top of the salad. Pour the dressing over top and sprinkle with the chopped macadamias and fresh herbs.