- ¼ cup coconut (shredded)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp cacao (pure - chips)
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- ⅓ cup cacao (pure - chips)
- STEP 1: Line the bottom of the baking dish with a layer of cling wrap or baking paper.
- STEP 2: Mix the almond butter, coconut butter, coconut flakes, honey, cacao chips and coconut oil together in a bowl. Stir well with a spoon until the batter is fully combined.
- STEP 3: Spoon the batter onto your lined baking dish. Spread it out evenly, about 1 cm thick.
- STEP 4: Once the batter is evenly spread, add ⅓ cup cacao chips on top. Make sure to press them firmly into the batter to ensure that they stick and don't fall off later.
- STEP 5: Score the batter with a knife, once down the middle lengthwise. Then score 5 times across, making two rows of 6 bars each.
- STEP 6: Place the baking pan in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- STEP 7: After removing from the refrigerator, peel the plastic off the bar, which will have set and hardened. Separate the bars at the score lines and store covered in the refrigerator.
- NOTE: Bars should stay refrigerated until eating, as they will begin to soften and lose their shape at room temperature.